Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Ordeal.. begins..!!

I didn't even need this loan, however just thought of inquiring about it, thinking it will actually help in case I finally do need it. So, a recommendation lead me to the best bank - Oriental Bank of Commerce, Sushant lok (Orhcid) branch. The branch office looked impressive, the staff certainly was not as I found in the next half an hour. The manager, a Punjabi Pot-bellied fellow was the worst of the lot. I hate these fellows who give entire community of 'Punjabis' a bad name.

The fat man was more interested in chit-chatting with some builder-type fellows who were sitting with him. With all his experience, he tried to sound helpful to me and told me what I need to do to get this loan. Just that he added a few things that would dis-courage any sane man from coming to this bank again. He asked for a 3 year bank statement along with other documents, no bank needs that and I know that for sure. He also commented, don't you have this little sum of money in your savings as you are working for the last 5 years. The fat PIG was so un-willing to do the paper-work for this little amount of loan, and wanted to deal only with the Builder-Mafia, I understood and never went back.

The same day I happened to visit an HDFC branch to get a statement of my account, the guy over there was extremely helpful and I was pleasantly 'shocked'!! So, I dropped my query regarding Education loan to him too, he happily forwarded me the Education Loand division's Manager's mobile contact. I called up immediately and they promised a call back. I received the call back in record half an hour and they promised to send an executive to my residence the next day. I was elated at their efficiency, just that I realised later on that this efficiency was just to meet their Targets...

No comments: